Doctors & Staff
Meet the experienced and friendly doctors and staff who make Bloomington Family Eyecare the leading provider of vision care products and services in Bloomington.
Andrew W. Backus, O.D., F.A.A.O.
Bachelor of Science: Indiana University.
Doctor of Optometry: Indiana University School of Optometry.
Post Doctoral Studies:
- Indiana University School of Optometry
- Illinois College of Optometry
- University of Alabama School of Optometry
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- University of Missouri School of Optometry
- University of Houston College of Optometry
- The New England College of Optometry
- The Ohio State University College of Optometry
Additional Training & Certifications
- Certified in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disease, glaucoma, eye injury, and the prescribing of ocular medications.
- Specialized training in contact lens fitting for all types of vision anomalies and contact lens problem management.
- Extensive clinical and research study with children in the areas of visually-related learning difficulties and general vision problems.
- Vision Improvement Program – A highly effective screening and therapy program for vision-related learning problems of which Dr. Backus is the exclusive certified provider in this area of the country.
- Certified for pre and post-operative care for refractive surgery including, RK, PRK, LASIK, and Intacs Corneal Rings.
- Qualified provider of special testing and treatment for computer user’s vision needs and related eyestrain.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (F.A.A.O.).
- Member, American Optometric Association.
- Charter Member, American Optometric Association Section on Contact Lenses.
- Member, Illinois Optometric Association.
- Member and Past President, Bloomington Regional Optometric Association.